OSFPGA Foundation Marketing Committee
The OSFPGA Foundation Marketing Committee and Task Groups support the marketing activities of the OSFPGA Foundation by the creation of, and ultimately, the execution of foundation marketing plans and deliverables. The OSFPGA Foundation is an organization driven by our membership, and our intent is to ensure all community members have the opportunity to participate in the marketing functions of the Foundation. We will encourage the Committees to collect and represent the member’s ideas and positions
The Marketing Committee Chair works directly with the OSFPGA membership who join the Marketing Committee. With this policy, we have defined the roles of our existing committees, and we have a fair and clear way to evaluate new groups and chair and vice-chair nominees.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Marketing Committee seeks to generate awareness and widespread adoption of Open Source FPGA Technologies, the development and nurturing of a thriving, collaborative ecosystem, to advocate for the Foundation, and to contribute towards the brand recognition of the OSFPGA brand worldwide. Examples of Marketing Committee responsibilities include, but is not limited to Content and Events.
- Blogs and Social Media
- Website content, look and feel, and organization
- Other media such as presentations, images, etc
- Surveys, Market Research and Reports
- PR, media, and analyst topics
- Member content including product announcements, technical successes, end-user adoption
- Gather feedback from the community on potential content projects that will help drive towards the OSFPGA Foundation’s strategic goals.
- Provide feedback on OSFPGA Foundation content to help ensure the content is aligned with the Foundation’s vision, mission and strategy, clear, and comprehensive.
- Curate existing content, such as blogs, learning materials & tools
- Market Research / Reviews
- Takes as input the events that the OSFPGA Foundation should consider supporting or attending
- Shares information on sponsorship and participation opportunities with OSFPGA Foundation at events and supports sponsorship sales
- Ensures that the logistics of event participation is managed appropriately and marketed effectively
- Manage an events roadmap that brings consistent thought leadership in the OSFPGA space, aligns with and delivers to the interests of the community
Responsibilities of the Members
The success of the Marketing Committee is determined by the members. As a member of the Committee, you are expected to provide input into and feedback on the strategic marketing plan, OSFPGA Foundation marketing activities, and contribute to the overall execution of marketing efforts.
Contributing to the Marketing Committee is open to all members of the OSFPGA Foundation. Ability to vote in the Marketing Committee is consistent with the voting requirements of the OSFPGA Foundation as a whole.
Responsibilities of the Chair
- Collaborate with the CEO on the strategic marketing plan and goals.
- Bring the voice of the member community into marketing plans.
- Works with the CEO to prepare for the marketing committee meetings by providing agenda and discussion topics, reviewing content for the meeting, and bringing the member community voice to the meeting.
- Leads and/or provides input and/or guidance to specific marketing tasks (media outreach, website, press releases, social media, events, etc).
- Guiding marketing partnerships and co-marketing opportunities with open source ecosystem players
- Foster collaboration within the marketing committee to achieve the marketing plan.
- The Marketing Committee Chair is elected by the Marketing Committee annually and with no term limits. They must be from a Premier or Corporate Member.
Term and Election Process
Committee and Task Group chairs are elected for an annual term. There are no term limits.
In this section “Candidates” refer to people who want to be considered for a position. “Nominees” are sent to the Marketing Committee for approval.
Existing Chairs and Vice Chairs may be candidates. Chairs must be non-individual members (Premier, Corporate). Vice Chairs can be individual members.
The election cycle is as follows:
- Request for candidates by <date>
- Candidates identified by <date + 14 days>
- Nominees voted on at the next Marketing Committee meeting
Who can vote
Any member of the marketing committee can vote.